You don’t have to feel guilty about enjoying these decadently delicious Cookie Bars because with the addition of CBD oil you’re merely taking yourself on a health trip!
But of course, if you want to be a little naughty, then why not swop the CBD oil with cannabutter? That will make your trip all that more enjoyable.
Or what about combining both CBD oil and cannabutter? I must admit that I haven’t tried that myself but there’s no reason why a person can’t enjoy the pleasure of mixing a little health with a little high, now is there?
I find myself doing a Julie Andrews when making these Cookie Bars because chocolate, nuts and caramel are among my favorite things.
Okay, enough already. Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty.
¼ cup butter (salted)
2 tbs CBD oil
1 cup crackers crushed into crumbs
1 cup crackers broken into chunks
1 cup chocolate chips (dark or milk chocolate)
1 cup walnuts chopped roughly
1 cup flaked coconut (save 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top at the end)
½ cup caramel chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF
- Coat a baking pan with spray (the pan should be about 11x7ins)
- Pour the CBD oil into a small mixing bowl
- In a small pan melt the butter on a low heat and then add it to the CBD oil, beating the ingredients with a whisk
- Now add the cracker crumbs and combine until the mixture is well coated with the butter and the oil
- Transfer the mixture to your baking panand pat down to cover the bottom of the pan
- Place the cracker chunks on top of the mixture and press them down firmly using a fork
- Pour that delicious sweetened condensed milk over the mixture, making sure that all the crumbs and crevices are well coated
- Sprinkle most of the chocolate chips over the Cookie Bar mixture, setting aside a handful for use later
- Now alternate with even layers of the chopped walnuts and caramel chips
- Finally sprinkle the pan of decadence with a layer of coconut flakes, saving about ¼ cup for later
- Press down all the ingredients with a fork making sure that the mixture is evenly distributed
- Transfer your Cookie Bars to the oven and bake for 25 minutes
- The condensed milk can seep around the edges so now is the time to use the remaining chocolate chips and coconut flakes to close up any gaps in the mixture
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 5 minutes
- Remove and allow the mixture to cool before cutting it into small bars
- Do not use too much baking/cooking spray to coat your baking pan to avoid making the cookie bars greasy. Rather err on the side of discretion and make sure that the pan is coated evenly with a thin layer of the non-stick spray.
- The cracker chunks will make the cookie bars soft and chewy so don’t forget to add them!
- Make sure to set aside about 1/8th cup of chocolate chips to be sprinkled over the mixture later.
- Store the Cookie Bars in an airtight container. They store best at room temperature so avoid placing them in the refrigerator.
- To ensure the best results, use a good organic olive oil to infuse your CBD oil. These can be bought at most health food stores.
If you would prefer a more adventurous trip, omit the CBD oil and mix3 tablespoons of Canna-Butter with the ¼ cupof salted butter in step four.
- Adjust the amount of Canna-Butter according to the strength of its THC content. A trip is one thing, blowing your mind is quite another matter.
There is nothing wrong with combining a little decadence with the goodness of CBD oil that is packed with essential fatty acids, nutrients, anti-inflammatory agents and anti-oxidants that are great for treating depression, anxiety and pain. For these reasons alone, keeping a stock of CBD oil in the kitchen is highly recommended as it can be added to all forms of cooking.